Watching Han Hyo Joo and Lee Seung Gi made me want to watch Nonstop Drama, X-Man and Love Letter all over again.🙂
I also can’t wait to see Han Hyo Joo with Jae Joong (DBSK) in Heaven’s Postman. Plus, if not mistaken Jae Joong sang Footstep to Han Ye Won (Hwan’s sister) in Couple Selection in XMan. I’m sure it’s her. Unlike most stars in XMan, Ye Won’s personality is more reserved like Kim Hyun Joong and I actually enjoyed watching her playing the loud, vain, childish and dumb Hwan’s sister. Such a huge contrast to her personality in XMan.
Anyways, back to Shining Inheritance review, which is right below after the formal introduction of this lovely fairy tale drama…😉
- Title: 찬란한 유산 (Chanranhan Yusan)
- Title (English): Shining Inheritance / Brilliant Legacy
- Genre: Romance
- Release : 2009
- Soundtrack : Download at this page
- Han Hyo Joo (Iljimae, NonStop, XMan, Love Letter) as Eun Sung
- Lee Seung Gi (NonStop, XMan) as Hwan
- Bae Soo Bin (Sea God, Fashion 70s) as Jun Se
- Moon Chae Won (Mackarel Run) as Seung Mi
Go Eun Sung’s life is similar to Cinderella’s. After her father died, her step-mother, Baek Sung Hee, took away all of her assets and her younger brother, Eun Woo, suddenly disappears without a trace. Despite this, Eun Sung preservers and works really hard to fulfill her dreams. When the CEO of a food company, Jang Sook Ja (Fair God Mother / Grandmother or Halmony), suffers amnesia and can’t remember who she is Eun Sung takes her in. However, Eun Sung does not know that she is the grandmother of Sun Woo Hwan, the man who she switched bags with at the airport. How will their constant bickering lead them to realize that they care more about each other than they let on?
A modern-day fairy-tale drama with 2 prince charmings. The beginning episodes were really really good but become abit draggy towards the end. Except for the kiss, most scenes in the last episode was kinda forgettable. Storyline wise not so perfect cos quite a number things that just don’t make sense or understandable. For instance, a strong-willed but evil stepmom have suicidal thoughts, that is just bizarre for me personally. Eun Sung’s bro picture is everywhere but Hwan cannot recognize him. I suppose the only explanation that make sense is that Hwan is not the attentive type of person… like Junse.
However, strong performance especially from the evil StepMom played by Kim Mi Sook, Grandmother Halmony, gutsy Han Hyo Joo, cute Seung Gi, manly Soo Bin, poor conflicting Chae Won and other supporting annoying but cute characters like the Butler Pyo, Hwan’s mom and sister made it all okay for me not to bother too much with these lil’ illogic loopholes in the plot.
I also love the fact that Hyo Joo character is not a weak woman. She is one tough sweet cookie. I especially love her interaction with Halmony (Grandmother). More so than with Hwan or Jun Se. I feel that Hyo Joo has a better chemistry with Halmony, every scenes is so heartfelt. She cried so beautifully that I cried with her… very natural and genuine kinda feeling.
Anyways, other notable scenes that I like were…
- Car chase between Eun Sung and Hwan in Episode 1. Totally sugoi…😉
- Flower-pot shelter over sleeping beauty Eun Sung on the bench. So adorable of Hwanie and yet so very funny!
- Karaoke scene – Noticing her, noticing him and jealousy flies😉
- Hwanie ‘rescuing’ Eun Sung and standing very close with her in the bus
- Hwanie’s feeling happy being fed by Eun Sung whilst driving
- ‘Hide and seek’ between Eun Sung and Hwanie in the early morning with Eun Sung trying to avoid Hwanie and her wearing the necklace given by Hwanie.
- Kiss on the bridge
- Hyo Joo scenes with Granny Halmony
- Butler Pyo and Hwanie’s Mom scenes
- and any scenes with Junse – perfect Prince Charming.. am so sad for him. My ideal kinda guy… Sigh!…